CARDINAL COUPLE

CARDINAL COUPLE
We report on the joy and excitement of UofL women's sports here. Thanks for checking us out! Click the picture of Louie to hear the latest Cardinal Couple Radio Hour Podcast!!

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Life Update -- THURSDAY CARDINAL COUPLE

Life Update from Jared

(EDITOR NOTE: JARED ANDERSON IS ONE OF THE FOUR MAIN PRINCIPALS THAT MAKE UP CARDINAL COUPLE THESE DAYS. HE WRITES A COUPLE OF TIMES A WEEK, IS OUR MAIN PHOTOGRAPHER AND ALSO CATCHES THE VIDEO WE DO WITH UOFL SPORTS PERSONALITIES AFTER GAMES. TODAY, HE CATCHES YOU UP ON HIM)

paulie
xxxxx

Nothing new in the world of UofL women's athletics right now so I thought it would be a good time to give a life update.

First, I still have my job and remain completely unchanged financially, which I am grateful for.  We reopened lobbies to normal access a week ago today, which has been different and, at times, stressful.  But that direct deposit every other week is a nice reminder of how fortunate I am.

My photography has taken a big hit.  I lost out on peak sports season, an entire summer Bats Baseball season, and all other photography has been way down.  I still have something every once in a while but my cameras have pretty much glorified paperweights lately.  With promising signs of fall sports it looks like I may be able to get good use out of them again and will give me a chance to share many more UofL women's sports photos with y'all.

With gyms having reopened I have been all 10 days of them being back in action.  That quarantine weight I gained is gone and now it's time to get some type of muscle back.  Plus, it's nice just to get out and do something besides go to work and go home everyday.

That period of nothing but work and going home did not sit well for me.  I am someone who is always on the go and am everywhere doing everything.  Hence, why the Cardinal Couple guys often joke about there being multiple of me.  So going from being super busy to having nothing was a major lifestyle change for me.  It's nice to see a tiny bit of normalcy returning.

For a while we were not able to take off from work so now we all have too many days built up.  To help burn some of my PTO days I took off next week to go on a nice trip with Katy to the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge area.  Although we are not sure what all will be open or what we will be able to do, it will be nice to get out of town and get away from work and being stuck at home for a mental break, if nothing else.  Anytime I can see Katy is a good thing, especially since I have not seen her since March.

Because of my vacation I will be away from my computer for some time and will be MIA from the site next week.  I will return back and take over Case's spot on Saturday, June 20.

There was some news in the realm of men's sports yesterday regarding the 2020 MLB Draft.  Lefty Reid Detmers was drafted 10th overall to the Los Angeles Angels.  Congrats to Reid and we all wish you the best of luck in the pros!

Happy Thursday and Go Cards!

Signing out for a short while,

Jared

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Jared. Things will eventually get back to the "old" normal and we'll have sports again. Always like your pictures. you could always cover disinfectant wipe battles after we put them on the shelf. Some great photo ops there.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.

Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.

Now, have your take...