CARDINAL COUPLE

CARDINAL COUPLE
We report on the joy and excitement of UofL women's sports here. Thanks for checking us out! Click the picture of Louie to hear the latest Cardinal Couple Radio Hour Podcast!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Sweet Deal --Angel McCoughtry dishing out cones and scoops instead of assists this summer...TUESDAY CARDINAL COUPLE



MCCOUGHTRY TAKING THE SUMMER ONE DISH AT A TIME



If you want to get on Angel McCoughtry's good side...a scoop of ice cream is a good way to start. 

The Atlanta Dream and Louisville Cardinals all-time scorer realizes the importance of fruits and vegetables...but her guilty pleasure and special treat is ice cream. 

"I eat it almost every day...it's my secret! " McCoughtry will confess...if pressed. So, what would make more sense than for the 6'1" WNBA All-Star to open her own ice cream parlor, right?

McCOUGHTRY'S debuted in early June in Atlanta. Located in Atlanta suburb Castleberry Hill....southwest of downtown Atlanta...the shop is close to Mercedes-Benz Stadium...home of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons and Philips Arena...where the Dream play. For this summer, McCoughtry is spending her time greeting customers, posing for pictures, taking orders, helping her staff with customer service tips and...finding time for an occasional scoop or two. 

"It was a hard decision...sitting out the WNBA season. I know though, that if I want to prolong my career, I needed to take some time off for my body. I guess you could say I needed to hit that recharge button. I'm not retired and I believe I have many more years left. I'll be back better and strong for the Dream net season. I just needed a summer to do this and just to enjoy the summer for once." 

In the fall, she'll return to Russia and play for Dynamo Kursk...where she and Nneka Ogwumike led them to the Euroleague title this spring. McCoughtry earned MVP honors and also teamed up with Epiphanny Prince to defeat Fenerbache for the crown. 

As for now...though...in Angel's world...it's deciding between the sweet potato waffle sundae and butter pecan ice cream or the homemade from scratch chocolate chip cookies. (we say both, please...) 

What makes a great ice cream? Most will tell you it's the flavor that is the biggest factor. Fresh and natural ingredients...along with the options of vegan and lactose free choices are available at McCoughtry's.

I, too, have been a huge fan of ice cream since I can remember. McCoughtry's is on "the bucket list" of places to hit the next time I venture to Atlanta. It just might be worth taking a road trip the next time the WBB Cards travel to play Georgia Tech. I couldn't find a menu to pull up on-line and present to you in this article...the clincher for me would be a decent banana milkshake. Locally, SmashBurger....out on Dixie Highway...leads in that category for me...but Dairy Del and Dairy Kastle are definitely in contention for that honor. 


Know of a good banana milkshake in town that I need to get out and try? Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail. I'll go out and take one for the team and see what's up.

Click the link for a nice news feature on the restaurant. It's good to see that some of her Dream teammates are getting over to see her.

LINK: MCCOUGHTRY'S  

Playing basketball, eating Ice Cream...

Life can be so difficult at times...right? 



paulie
xxxxx




3 comments:

  1. I admire the decision! Life's too short and everyday is a gift. Enjoy yourself! Congratulations on your new business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bird Lady6/27/2017 6:31 PM

    Sweet potato waffle sundae? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember seeing that McCoughtry planned on opening a shop in Louisville also if things went well in her Atlanta shop. Best of luck #35 !!

    -- The Real Joe Hill --

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.

Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.

Now, have your take...