CARDINAL COUPLE

CARDINAL COUPLE
We report on the joy and excitement of UofL women's sports here. Thanks for checking us out! Click the picture of Louie to hear the latest Cardinal Couple Radio Hour Podcast!!

Friday, August 4, 2023

Returning to UofL Campus -- FRIDAY CARDINAL COUPLE

FRIDAYS WITH DARYL 




Hello readers and hello weekend!! 

It is August which means Back to Schoooool!!  Not for me, I've already been on the campuses all summer and its been pretty quiet but now students and faculty are returning to begin another semester which we know also means G A M E S are on the horizon!!   We do not forget the term 'student-athlete' at here Cardinal Couple. 



I do a lot of onboarding for the university and get to meet and facilitate in the process of getting them on payroll, including coaches.   This gives me the opportunity to introduce myself and the site and welcome them to Louisville.  I also make sure they know the proper way to throw up the L's!!   

Because of this very busy time for our department, I unfortunately had to miss the annual Press Box golf scramble that I would normally attend to represent the site out at the University Golf Club.   This event actually was the reason I started golfing at all!   I couldn't say no and I am so glad I didn't because I'm proud to say 4 years later I now play a couple times a month, I'm not terrible, I have a good time, and I don't really lose any balls so I call that a bunch of wins! 

I did miss being out there this week and hope to get back out there next year and play with the coaches and other members of the media! 


Hey speaking of coaches..

 
Photo by Karthik Kalvakuri | Louisville Athletics


The University of Louisville was named as the preseason favorite to win the 2023 Atlantic Coast Conference Volleyball Championship for the second year in a row following a vote of the ACC's head coaches.  The Cards also place five on the All-Preseason team - Anna DeBeer, Aiko Jones, Phekran Kong, Charitie Luper and Elena Scott.   

❗❗ COMING UP ❗❗

8/19 RED and BLACK SCRIMMAGE
@ L&N Federal Credit Union Arena
Time is TBD on the schedule as of Thursday night 


(Actress/model Jana is a big UofL Volleyball fan)

You're also gonna wanna mark your calendars for the month of September, the VolleyCARDS have 5 matches at home with the big rivalry against that blue team and Stanford at the KFC Yum! Center in the same week.  



As always
Go Cards
~Daryl 


2 comments:

  1. Great article. Say, how does one go about meeting Jana?

    Nick O

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Nick. I'll forward your request to her big, strapping hubby...who would have made a great lumberjack back in the day.

    Paulie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.

Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.

Now, have your take...