Hello readers - Daryl here checking in early this week.
Jared had a good stay in Greensboro over the weekend that unfortunately didn't end in victory but it was definitely sweet getting all the way to the ACC championship. The Cards fell to the better team on Sunday. Congrats to the Hokies.
He then drove all the way home and was greeted by thousands of work related issues to deal with when he got back to Louisville so I'm stepping in to bring you some Thursday Cardinal Couple content.
And again - shoutout to Jared Anderson for all the work he does for the site and Louisville program.
This weekend around the Ville..
- Louisville Softball heads to Durham to face #15 Duke to town for a 3 game series Friday 6:00PM first pitch, Saturday 2:00PM and Sunday at 2:00PM
- Womens Tennis at Bass Rudd Center Sunday at 3:30 PM
- WBB The women's field and NCAA bracket will be revealed during the selection show at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN Sunday 3/12
Here is the schedule for the 2023 women's tournament:
- The First Four games are Wednesday and Thursday, March 15-16 (top seeds host)
- The first round is Friday and Saturday, March 17-18 (top seeds host)
- The second round is Sunday and Monday, March 19-20 (top seeds host)
- The Sweet 16 is Friday and Saturday, March 24-25
- The Elite 8 is Sunday and Monday, March 26-27
- The Final Four is at 7 and 9:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 31 on ESPN.
- The national championship game is at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 2 on ABC.
It was originally scheduled for this past Friday but was cancelled due to severe weather that impacted the area.
ACC play continues as the Cards hit the road against #5 BC on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Elena Scott will spend March 12-18 at the USA Women's National Volleyball Team Spring Train Camp in Anaheim, Calif. She is one of several current collegians to compete and train under the National Team coaching staff.
|Shoutout to Robbie Bartlett, who IS the first lady of the 'Ville|
Shoutout to my awesome editor, Paulie who corrects my typos and adds pictures for me each week. My eyes get a little sore after staring at phones and computers all day and the words run together sometimes by the end of it!
Duke, in softball...and BC in lacrosse should be true indicators of how good both the Louisville squads are this season. I'd obviously love a win over BC but I'd probably be just as godd with a hard fought, close loss to them. In softball, wouldn't it be great if Zabala and Roby could get wins over the Blue Devils?ReplyDelete
Hello Friends !ReplyDelete
Arthur Here !
I got to witness my first LAX match yesterday when Clemson Cuz and I went to campus to see the Tigers play Campbell. We were fortunate enough to sit next to a couple of players' parents, who were great at describing what was going on, how the game was played and other things about LAX.
Clemson won pretty easily. They're now 6-2, with their two losses to ACC opponents.
Cuz told me to tell you all he was sorry he missed the Pick 'Em. He was on vacation right up to when the tournament started, they drove up for a couple of days and then came back.
Saw you got Duke in softball and BC in LAX. Duke is a top #20 team in softball and BC is a #5 team in LAX. Good luck to you all in both !
Glad I checked in today, otherwise I would have missed my favorite writer Daryl!
#1 Clemson Fan
Duke is 18-4 in softball and lost their first two games of the year down in Clearwater to #4 Arkansas and #20 UCF..It looks like they got four pretty good pitchers.ReplyDelete