A CARDINAL COUPLE QUIZ
|"You ready for this Sam? Sure, Jaz!"|
The quiz was a staple of our radio show THE CARDINAL COUPLE RADIO HOUR during the summer months and I'll attempt to bring it back for our weekly podcast this Saturday.
Like anything these days, a few modifications will be needed, we won't be able to see our participants flash an answer on a mini-white board, I've misplaced the bell for a "right" answer and a couple of other things will be missing, but, I'm sure we'll be able to get through it in typical disorderly and "wheels-off the-track" fashion.
Jeff will probably argue answers and disrupt the proceedings, Case will complain he doesn't know much about the subject matter and refuse to take the bonus question. Jared will change his answer two or three times after asking me to repeat the question.
It ain't easy being me....
Today, let's look at student-athletes and coaches in the quiz. After all, they are why there are college athletics.
You get 10 points for each correct answer. I'll toss in the bonus after the 10 questions, optional for the quiz taker, where you can either gain 20 points or lose 20 points depending on your answer. The bonus, again, is optional.
No "peeking up your sleeve" for answers or conferring with Google or Siri for the right answer. You are on the "honor" system. Keep your eyes on your own keyboard and let us know how did in the comments section.
OK. Here we go. Drum roll, please, for the student athlete/coaches quiz, maestro!
1) UofL WBB has four new student-athletes joining the roster for 2020-21. Three are listed below. Which of the four listed below ISN'T one of them?
(A) Olivia Cochran (B) Callie McKinney (C) Hailey Van Lith (D) Ahlana Smith
2) We all know what a great rebounding season Kylee Shook had. Who, though, was second on the roster in rebounds?
(A) Elizabeth Balogun (B) Bionca Dunham (C) Yacine Diop (D) Jazmine Jones
3) Who led Scott Teeter's Lacrosse team in scoring for 2020?
(A) Ally Hall (B) Caroline Blalock (C) Hannah Morris (D) Shayla Scanlan
4) Louisville WBB had a new assistant coach this season. Who was it?
(A) Jonneshia Pineda (B) Penny Jones (C) John Malkovich (D) Felicia Grenada
5) Louisville Softball recently had their shortstop graduate. What is her name?
(A) Aiko Jones (B) Holly Aprile (C) Caitlin Ferguson (D) Maddy Newman
6) Dana Evans returns for her senior year. Hooray!! Which is her hometown?
(A) Gary, IN (B) Fort Wayne, IN (C) Kalamazoo, MI (D) Cicero, IL
7) Jazmine Jones and Kylee Shook were selected in the WNBA Draft by the same team. Who selected them?
(A) New York Liberty (B) Phoenix Mercury (C) Indiana Fever (D) Connecticut Sun
8) Mykasa Robinson, Louisville guard, has a nickname. What is it?
(A) "Mike" (B) "Robbie" (C) "Kasa" (D) "Micro"
9) Jeff Walz came to Louisville from which of these Universities?
(A) Michigan (B) Vanderbilt (C) Florida State (D) Maryland
10) Need an assist? Ask this UofL WBB student-athlete. She led Louisville in assists.
(A) Jazmine Jones (B) Dana Evans (C) Mykasa Robinson (D) Elizabeth Balogun
BONUS: WBB's Beth Burns' official title is:
(A) Sports Performance Coach (B) Executive Director/Player Relations (C) Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach (D) Special Assistant to Jeff Walz
So, how did you do? Answers below:
1) B - Callie McKinney
2) D - Jazmine Jones
3) C - Hannah Morris
4) A - Jonneshia Pineda
5) C - Caitlin Ferguson
6) A - Gary, IN
7) A - New York Liberty
8) C - Kasa
9) D - Maryland
10) B -- Dana Evans
BONUS - C - Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach
HAve a meaningful Monday.