CARDINAL COUPLE

CARDINAL COUPLE
We report on the joy and excitement of UofL women's sports here. Thanks for checking us out! !

Friday, September 11, 2026

Big days ahead for Field Hockey and Volleyball today -- FRIDAY CARDINAL COUPLE

 RICE AWAITS VOLLEYBALL AND NORTHWESTERN HOSTS FIELD HOCKEY


SEPT 11TH is a day most of us will never forget, but to maybe add a little diversion to the horrible thoughts involving that day, Louisville Volleyball and Field Hockey will be on the road  at tournaments. 

# 14 Louisville Field Hockey travels to Evanston, Ill to face #1 ranked Northwestern in a 3 p.m. match that will be shown on the Big10+ network. Both are undefeated at 4-0, and the Wildcats have downed VCU 2-0, Lafayette 1-0 in Evanston, Duke 4-3 in Chestnut Hill, MA in overtime and Boston College there as well, 2-0. 

The Wildcats are #1 ranked in the NCAA Coaches poll and received 220 votes. 


#5 Volleyball travels to Houston to go up against unranked Rice in the Rice Invitational. They'll also face Creighton and Northern Iowa while in town for the three days. 

                                        ***********************************************


Most of you who read this column will still remember where they were on 9/11/01. I was working at a salesman for the now defunct Wallingford Coffee Company and was making sales calls out in the Prospect, KY area when it happened. .I had walked into a pharmacy to see if they wanted to carry our 12 oz bagged coffee line and several people were gathered around a TV set up on the cosmetics counter. I walked over and asked a young man what the attraction was and he looked at me and told me that New York City was under attack. I stood there for about a hour watching with the others and then left. I had an attractive young woman ask me if I wanted to go to her house and watch it unfold on television...she did not want to be alone today ... but I politely declined the offer  .I finally decided today would not be a good day to sell coffee...and went home and watched the rest of the day unfold on TV. 

paulie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.

Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.

Now, have your take...