CARDINAL COUPLE ATTACKED BY HACKERS
ust when you thought it was safe to go into the woods again....
Sunday morning started normal and commonplace. A eye-opening cup of coffee, then to the laptop to write the Sunday article. I planned a "where are they now" article on a former UofL women's athletic great...but I soon found out, something was wrong.
I could not get into my web page. When I tried to access Cardinal Couple, I was taken to a very descriptive site about "couples who want to meet other couples" . And, it wasn't for coffee or a leisurely breakfast. and, there were pictures, too.
I tried every way I know of to circumvent the message and questionable words and pictures I was getting. I even clicked on the banner that promised more information. That was a mistake, because I started getting pictures of couples that were "ready for action"
Not exactly the kind of thing that a 70 yr. old guy needs, right?
I used my phone to call my security service. They were not answering on Sunday. In desperation I used my phone to see what to do. I saw that by hitting the windows key and then "r" typing eight letters, I came up with four unknown user names associated with my account. I selected them and then immediately selected remove for each one. But, still o access to mail or my site.
In desperation, I called my old internet security provided. I explained my troubes to the man answering the phone. I explained that I used to ave them as my ISP but they had dropped me because I wasn't a business anymore. But, he said he would help me but it would take a while for im to get into my account and then "sweep and clear it" as he said. He promised to call me when it was done.
I got that call at 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon. I asked him what had happened and he told me he wasn't the one who did the cleaning but thing like this normally happened when hackers were searching for financial information, bank records or other searching bots, usually from chinese or European "miners".
He also suggested that I do a full Windows security scan. I did.
I am 99.9% sure that Sgt. Hacker, from Gomer Pyle was not behind my hacking.
If you happened to see on my site what I did, I apologize to you as well. It is certainly not what we are recommending or supporting here at Cardinal Couple. The guys at the ISP said it's wasn't transferable to readers. I pray it wasn't.
But, it j kind of ruined any plans for putting up a Sunday article.
I apologize to all of you who read me daily or tried to today and got nothing but Saturday's article again. It has been a long and stressful Sunday. I'll be back with a Monday article. I think right now, I will have a beer and just relax with some television.
paulie
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.
Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.
Now, have your take...