CARDINAL COUPLE

CARDINAL COUPLE
We report on the joy and excitement of UofL women's sports here. Thanks for checking us out! Click the picture of Louie to hear the latest Cardinal Couple Radio Hour Podcast!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Jared reveals his favorite players -- WEDNESDAY CARDINAL COUPLE


Jared’s Favorite Players

*Note: the opinions below are Jared’s and may not reflect the views of the rest of Cardinal Couple*

As we continue to go through summer my article ideas continue to slim down. I figured a good one would be my personal favorite all-time Cardinals. I’m going to limit it to from the time I started as a student in the fall of 2012 to now.

Women’s Basketball

There’s plenty of players in the running for this one. Some of the players I thought about included Jazmine Jones, Monique Reid, and Shelby Harper. Ultimately I went with Myisha Hines-Allen. I met Myisha through a friend early on and remain friends with her up through today. Back when she was a student we would carry on the occasional conversation on Snapchat.





Field Hockey

I don’t have much of a personal connection to the field hockey players as much as I do with some other
sports but there have been plenty of exciting players over the past few years. My favorite during my time is Minout Mink. Although Mini Mink transferred out of UofL and went back home she has been one of the most exciting players I’ve watched, including her performance in the ACC Tournament in 2017.

Volleyball

For me, there’s not much competition here. Katie George is my all-time favorite. I knew Katie pretty much from her first game and was a good friend of my roommate and I. I stay in touch with Miss Kentucky to this day and am happy to call her a friend.

Soccer

Many recent players have a strong case to be my favorite including Emina Ekic, Taylor Kerwin, Jill Vetere, and Tori Gabor. My favorite, though, is Gabrielle Vincent. Gaby is one of the few UofL players to come to a concert of mine, which means a lot to me. I got to know Gaby’s parents very well at the game and would talk and learn soccer from “G$”.

Softball

This might have been the toughest to decide. I am a huge fan of several players like Sidney Melton, Morgan Meyer, Celene Funke, and Maddy Newman. However, it was Nicole Pufahl who originally got me to a softball game, which later progressed into my arrival here at Cardinal Couple.

I’m not ignoring the other sports and their players. I just haven’t followed many of the other sports well enough or closely enough to really have gotten a favorite player yet.





WCHQ Donation

Cardinal Couple is fortunate to have WCHQ as our host station, allowing us to be on air every Saturday from 11-12. They are having an “All Day On Air Fundraiser” today. 100.9 FM WCHQ is a non-profit that relies heavily on donations to stay up and running. Besides hosting CC, they bring in the best local music you can find. Please check it out! 

All Day Today, Wednesday July 24.
24 Hour On Air Fundraiser
Help Us to Continue Our Mission of
Bringing All Local Music to the Airwaves.

Click Here to Donate Now


Have a great Wednesday!!

Jared Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. We ask you be respectful of other posts, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to you. After all, it is CARDINAL COUPLE.

Any attempts to advertise a product or other website here in the comments section without the prior consent of CARDINAL COUPLE will result in a bill rendered for advertising services and possible legal action. We're serious. No more bots.

Now, have your take...